Senior Quantity Surveyor
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our ever-expanding team, playing a fundamental role in a busy and fast paced company involved in social, commercial and private housing across Ireland.
As an established Quantity Surveyor, you will join our team in our Newry Office. Your day to day role and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing contractual advice to the Project Manager / teams
- Undertaking audits of interim payments/final accounts;
- Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids and tenders within Client deadlines
- Prepare cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project
- Prepare on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews.
- Complete and submit project documentation and correspondence within agreed timeframes.
- Produce breakdowns, and undertake value engineering process to meet Client budgetary requirements
- Attend internal hand-over meetings
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project.
- Cost control during design, fabrication and construction stages of works;
- Liaising with client, architect, main and sub-contractor through to agreeing of final accounts.
- Subcontract Account Package management.
- Maintaining Subcontractor Liability Sheets.
- Agreeing and pricing variations with Supply chain
- Setting up payment schedule for subcontractors as part of the terms and conditions
- Good communication skills. Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
- Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction.
- Speed and accuracy of information a priority.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
The right candidate will received an attractive renumeration package
Please send CV to email@example.com